Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cause Baby You're A Firework

I love afternoons with Bubba.  He gets off the bus, comes inside and we talk.  During the first ten minutes off the bus, I learn A TON about my son.  This is Bubba's time to admit his detention time, failed test scores, etc.  And these proclamations are usually out of the blue bombshells.  Slap you across the face shockers.

Today's gem? Bubba asked me if I knew that his school has an American Idol contest?  Because Bubba announced that he decided to give an impromptu performance of "Firework" by Katy Perry to the school.  A capella.  With dance sequence.  

Seriously.  

At dinner I asked Bubba to share the news with David.  The look on David's face was priceless.  Price.  Less.  David turned to me and asked me if it was an "About A Boy" situation.  You know, where the boy sings "Killing Me Softly" (badly) A capella in front of the school.  While I'm laughing chinese chicken coleslaw out of my left nostril, David comments "You've got bigger cojones than me son."

No comments: