Thursday, October 23, 2008

It'sBeen A Long Time...A Long Lonely Lonely Lonely Time...

I am very sorry it has been so quiet around here. A few words to describe my last few days...quiet, stress, busy, stress, hormones (NOT my own), tired and annoyed.

First let me say that the house stuff is coming along, after a painting debacle that added years and time to my life and project. We are not done, but I think I can see the light. Marital counseling has not been considered or ordered, so that is a plus. Funny fact/info...our Realtor told us to take EVERYTHING down that is a photograph, has a name on it, etc. His advice, which I am taking since I am desperate to sell and don't all together disagree, is that any person, regardless of race should be able to picture them self in your home. I must say that when I look at houses I don't like seeing photographs, but I swear that I have patched every wall and am practically repainting every room because of this advice. That, and my house looks completely bare.

Second, I fear the change is near. H was unbelievably moody and hormonal yesterday. Practically broke down in tears at the book fair yesterday after school. My parents had sent each of the kids $10 to spend and she wanted these "emoters"-a cute little face that clips on to your ipod headphones. (Hannah worked at summer camp all summer and saved up enough for a shuffle). Well Sam had already bought them for her for her birthday on Monday and I was trying to steer her away from them telling her that Nana said a book, not other crap. She had been all leechy and clingy since we hooked up at the fair, so much so that I kept asking her what was wrong...and she lost it. I swear that I can barely survive my own hormones sometimes. What am I gong to do about her now?

More soon. Got to go to work...BTW, I have my first subbing gig on Friday! I am teaching Spanish, Bible and Public Speaking. And I don't speak Spanish...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We are so in the same boat. It arrived on Mother's Day this year. HAPPY MOTHER'S Day to ME. It started like this about 3 months before the big day. It is hard to handle, but talk to Bubba and D about it so they don't embark on the moodiness and know what is going on. Eddie had a hard time with this. His little girl had grown up before he was ready. I will say a pray for your household, but hang on strap on your seat belt the ride is just at the gate waiting to take off.

Susan said...

I don't look forward to that stuff at all.

We left pictures up. I decided that since my pictures comprised my artwork, then they were staying. I only left a few though.

Selling a house really sucks. Especially now. I wish you much luck that it goes quickly!