Monday, September 22, 2008

Not For the Faint at Heart

Do NOT scroll down to the pictures on this post if you faint at the sight of blood, or don't want to see something gross. Today the boys had two "procedures." First, Bubba had two teeth extracted. Scary long rooted teeth might I add. No wonder the poor boy doesn't loose teeth. The first was a molar that was abscessed by another tooth coming in on top of it (see the gross close up). Bubba was a trooper, and won the patient of the day award. I was a wimp, and didn't make the poor lad go to school because he was swollen, and wasn't supposed to elevate his heart rate. When he told me that I looked at the dentist like, "He's 8. What do you want me to do with him all day idiot?" So it was a DS and movie day. Bubba's favorite.

The second procedure, I will spare you the pictures-and yes there were pictures taken, was D's scary mole removals. One we lovingly call his third nipple, one on his temple that has grown crazy big suddenly and was the catalyst of the bunch, and one on his neck. D thought they'd be cut off, but she ended up freezing them off. D has never had anything frozen off before! I swear I have had warts and such frozen off for years, it almost seems like old technology.



No comments: