Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Took The Plunge

I finally took the plunge and went on Amazon and bought myself the Adobe suite.  This may not sound like much to some, but it is the first step in my big girl thoughts of deciding what in the h e double hockey sticks I am going to do with my life.

Amazon, AND Adobe for that matter, have this little deal that if you are buying the software and you are in school or teach school, you get the suite for 80% off!  Yes, you heard me correctly, eighty percent off.  Even if you are K-12!  So there's another reason I have to tell my kids that I need them and love them tonight.

The plan is that I buy the Adobe suite...(check)...then I go and take some community college classes (cheap) to get all familiar with my new software and see how much I like "doing" graphic stuff...THEN I make the big decision as to if I really want to be a graphic designer and pay to go to school for graphic design.

David and I have been talking about married stuff lately and one of the conclusions we have come to is that we don't make leaps of faith.  Sure, I've moved to three different states in my married life, but we don't take chances like "I'm going to quit my job and go in a different direction" type of chances.  Over the past week or so we keep coming up with past life scenarios and how we did not take certain chances.  I am a firm believer in God has a plan for my life, but there have been some scenarios I've regretted.  So this has led me to start taking chances.  I've even gotten out of my hermit shell and called people and made social arrangements!

Am I finally growing up for real?

No comments: