Tuesday, April 26, 2011

BRN2RUN

A few years ago my friend Jennifer got a red convertible and, since she was (and still is) a HUGE Springsteen fan, she went in and got vanity plates that said BRN2RUN.  The clerk at the license counter asked her if she was a runner and she laughed at him and said, no, idiot, I'm a Springsteen fan.  Who has not heard the song Born To Run?

Anyway, all that fluff to say that I am now (trying) to be a runner.  It all started a few months ago when I told you all that I was trying to watch my weight and Hannah wasn't helping since she was mid cake decorating class.  Then I went on to tell you that I was making progress because I was able to buy the next size down in pants.  Well I started making really good progress when my husband started loosing weight and the delta between our two weights was shrinking and I was starting to get a little more motivated.  So far, David has lost 25 pounds!  Wow!  Talk about all new clothes and belts!  Now David has lost 25 and I have lost 15, and the delta is only 10 pounds...so I'm running.  

For a little over a week now I have been running every other day and riding the recumbent bike (to give my hip a break) on off days.  And I can't believe how well I'm doing so far.  Tonight I ran over 3 miles in 30 minutes (big deal for me) and I did NOT stop and the ONLY reason I couldn't go any further is because that darn hip of mine was about to come undone.

I am hoping this will last a while and I will continue to get in shape...maybe even get off some of my medication...woot!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

LOL. Actually the plates were already taken at the license bureau. Probably by some guy who's a runner and has never heard of Springsteen. Oh well.