Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Tasty Dinner


Okay, I admit.  I borrowed (read stole) this picture from Google, but this is exactly how my dinner looked.  It was really easy (start to finish 20 minutes) and David took one bite and said, "Add this one to the favorites list."  I thought it was a tiny bit bland, but I guess I'm used to the higher fat/more spice version in the restaurants.

My friend passed on this Rachel Ray magazine, which I had never looked at before.  In the "Yum" section there was this "Thai Noodle Bowl with Shrimp."  Here is the recipe:  4 ounces rice noodles (yeah! gluten free!), 2 cans of lite coconut milk, 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp thai red curry paste, 1 pound peeled, deveined shrimp, 2 cups snow peas, salt and pepper, cilantro and lime to taste. 

Cook noodles; drain and set aside.  In same pot, bring coconut milk, soy sauce, and curry paste to a simmer.  Add shrimp and cook 1 minute.  Add snow peas and cook until crisp-tender, about 3 minutes (I added chopped red bell pepper too).  Season with salt and pepper.  Divide noodles among bowls and ladle soup on top.  Serve with cilantro and lime wedges.

No comments: