Tuesday, May 17, 2011

My Idol Boy

Today was the finale for the American Idol contest at Bubba's school.  Bubba and his buddy made it to the final 6...but we won't know the "winner" until the end of school.  I love my boy, and think he is the sun, the moon, the stars, but seriously?  I'm not holding my breath.


I'm stunned and impressed that he sang A cappella AND danced in front of the whole freaking school.  We had a few rough spots, like when Bubba came home and told us that for the final he was going to sing "It's Raining Men."  


Crickets chirping.  


Delicate conversation rehearsal going through my head...David butting in and bluntly telling Bubba that the song is gay.  


I jump in and delicately tell Bubba that as a finishing 5th grader he would be potentially committing social suicide (as an incoming middle schooler) and would forever be labeled as the kid who sung "It's Raining Men."


Today, after the end of the American Idol drama, Bubba announced that he was going to be singing "Eye of the Tiger" at the upcoming talent show.  


Do I need to stop letting my child watch Glee?

No comments: