Wednesday, February 9, 2011

A Whale of A Tail

One of my Kindergarten parents was up to her old tricks today when she dropped off her child at class.  She, to remain nameless, is always a hoot, and usually talks and talks long after she should be gone and I should be in class.

The subject of Urban Dictionary.com came about in our morning discussion.  You see, a few days ago I used a phrase I thought to be innocuous, and this parent fell apart saying my phrase was bad and meant something I did not mean.  I said....wait for it..."I'll keep it on the down low."  Horror or horrors, it does not mean what I intended, I'll keep it a secret, but something bad.

This morning the parent asked if I looked up the phrase,"the down low," then proceeded to throw more phrases into the conversation to be funny...tramp stamp...whale tail...  I, being the prude I am, laughed and started to walk away.  She yells the direction of my classroom, "Like THIS!" and produces her backside, sliding down her pants to reveal her whale tail.  Ewww.

Let me clarify.  I do not wish to see or know of my 'parents' underwear choices.  And WHO wears a thong at 8:00 in the morning to drop off their child at Kindergarten before going to run errands?  And, by the way, now I know what a whale tail is.

1 comment:

Ana's World said...

Ahahahaha! That's a great one.