Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Decorating

Years ago my father-in-law worked for SAS airlines.
One year SAS handed these little gnomes out
to their passengers during the Christmas season.
I have bags of these little gnomes, and I have to say
they are one of my favorite Christmas decorations.
I look forward to lining all our windowsills each year.

Did you know that a gnome named Tomte
handed out Christmas gifts to Swede's?
He lives under the floorboards and comes out on
Christmas Eve and sings rhymes, handing out small gifts.

1 comment:

Andrea said...

I love these! What a great collection! Yes yes, I know all about the tomte - he comes to the little Norwegian children, too! (Well, the tomteN... the Norwegians must have added a letter. :) One of my favorite children's books is "The Tomten and the Fox." Your kids are probably too old for it but it is a lovely story with absolutely beautiful illustrations.