Saturday, June 6, 2009

Past, Present and Future


Past reading...Funny in Farsi. Very very good. I LOVED this hilarious book about a young girl and her family moving to California from Iran in the 70's. Each chapter of the book is a funny story regarding family members. You must check it out from the library!!!

Present reading...A Homemade Life. My sister recommended this book to me and my Mom went out and bought it. While Mom is out of town I am
reading the book and really liking it. It is also stories from the author's life (and kitchen table) and includes recipes. Most recipes look really yummy, I am dying to try the pink cookies (a favorite of mine from the U district in Seattle) but I haven't tried any of the recipes yet, I am still reading for now. Molly Wizenberg, the author, is the author/creator of the Orangette blog.

Future reading? I recently picked up "the Sweetness at the Bottom of the Pie" from the library. I have only read a page or two, and wasn't completely taken. I will try again soon. It comes highly recommended. I hope it is as good as they say...

No comments: