Saturday, June 6, 2009

I HEART my new serger



Yesterday was very successful, even without the computer. I managed to finish my green polka-dotted wrap skirt (McCalls 5430)...pretty basic. I L*O*V*E the way it turned out, but when I took a picture of it hanging on the hanger, it looked flat and weird.


Then, I moved on to a summer dress. (New Look 6775) I have had the fabric for years, a cute turquoise and white florally-hawaiian print....
I made the dress in a sleeveless version. I am in a bit of a quandry over the belt sitch, since otherwise I may be looking like I am wearing a potato sack
. For now, I have a belt made from the same fabric. This is an old pattern, I have made two of the short sleeve shirts in past years.

I also made a sleeveless top from Simplicity 2593, a suggestion I got from Angry Chicken's blog.
The fabric was this tissue weight navy print...but frankly it was a pain to serge.

And on that note?! Can I just say that I HEART my new serger. What did I ever do without one? I promise I will take pictures of the new sewing "studio" soon, but for some reason my camera is not taking pictures well...I actually tried putting some of my newly finished sewing projects on and having H take pictures...but my hormones took over and it was a crazy mess with unmade beds in the background...me throwing a fit...but I digress.


No comments: