Thursday, May 7, 2009

Better Love Day

The love here in OH is getting better, but, yes, Pastor X is still pissing me off. Part Deux of the saga continued that Pastor X had the gall to e-mail me yesterday and ask me to forward an e-mail to D for him since he did not have his e-mail. Here is an excerpt of what Pastor X said...

A few years ago, when I served as President of a theological seminary in Chicago, I found myself (as a husband and father) having to lead the family charge for the first time in helping our family find a church home. Given the fact of what I do for a living, we had never been in this position. I had always been in the position of having a church, due to my calling. I realized firsthand, for the first time, the enormous responsibility that I had as a husband and as a dad.

I share that with you at the outset because I can only imagine, that given the conversation Cara had with one of our Bible study leaders on Tuesday, we have done nothing but add to the already overloaded tasks that accompany transitions. I apologize for adding to the load. As I shared with Cara, the response was inexcusable and unacceptable. My hope and prayer is that you will consider giving us another opportunity to demonstrate grace and love.

So my take home? I interpreted this e-mail as "D, you are head of the house and going to make this decision, so I am addressing you." My feeling is that D and I both have equal say and weigh the decision together as to what is best for our family. If D really hated a church and I loved it, I would find a mutually agreed upon "Sunday" church to attend as a family and maybe go to the church I loved for extra-curricular things.

On a happier note I attended a social engagement last night. Woo Hoo. One of D's friends defended his thesis yesterday and we had an impromptu party last night in celebration. City BBQ (awesome take out) and friends. This social outlet was good, but I had my hesitations. D has been here in OH since January and has made friends, then the kids and I walk in and are we going to fit in? Last night we did. The hosts were awesome and I finally got to meet their dog, an adorable basset hound with ENORMOUS ears. There was only one other 'girl' there, the hostess and we talked all night successfully.

BTW, J and R, you are awesome. Thank you so much for the encouraging words and prayers.

No comments: