Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Seriously Yummy. I Don't Know If I Can Wait...

This afternoon I made a "Caramel Fudge Cheesecake" for my staff lunch tomorrow. God Bless my Sister-in-law who gave me the recipe last Thanksgiving. What you can't see in the picture is a layer of my favorite brownies and a layer of caramel under that rich cheesecake top. I am drooling just thinking about it!!!Super easy...here goes:

Caramel Fudge Cheesecake

1 pkg. brownie mix (your favorite kind) + needed ingredients
1 pkg (14 oz.) caramels
1/4 c. evaporated milk
1-1/4 c. chopped pecans (I DO NOT use this because of my no nuts int he dessert rule!)
2 pkg. cream cheese (8 oz.) softened
1/2 c. sugar
2 egg
2 squares (1 oz each) semisweet chocolate (like Baker's) melted
2 squares (1 oz each) unsweetened chocolate (like Baker's) melted

Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spread in greased Springform pan and bake at 350' for 20 minutes. Cool 10 minutes.
In microwave safe bowl melt (unwrapped) caramels with evaporated milk. Pour over brownie crust and sprinkle pecans over caramel (or not). In large bowl combine cream cheese and sugar. Mix well. Add eggs, beating on low speed until just combined. Stir in melted chocolate and bake at 350' for 35 - 40 minutes or until almost set. Chill overnight. Store unused pieces (yeah, right) in the fridge.

H saw me putting the finishing touches on the cheesecake and asked when WE were eating it. I said there is no WE eating this cheesecake sweet pea. I promised that she and I would make another next week for a family Christmas celebration since her favorite is cheesecake and my favorite is brownies.