Thursday, April 26, 2012

Old School

The other night after work I offered to walk around the neighborhood with Hannah while she took the dog out for her daily poop walk.  I figured I would get a little exercise, and have a lovely chat with my daughter, which was, indeed what happened.


When we arrived home I went to throw Chloe's deposit in the trash, so I handed Hannah the key to the house.  Hannah looked at my key ring and looked back up at me, how shall I say this...dumbly.  She walked over to the back door and started fumbling with the keys and said, "Keys are so OLD SCHOOL, Mom."


What???  


"Keys are so old school.  They're like records...cassettes...you know...old school.  It's not like I don't know how to use it, but why should I have to?"


Huh.  Hannah NEVER uses keys.  We have a keypad to get into the house.  Her comment struck me as funny, then sad.  And, it made me feel really old.  Again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seo forum said...

I liked it so much and very interesting, too! Thanks for sharing the experience.Wonderful post, really great tips and advice. I was interested by your comment,

Rosemary said...

and when the power goes out, they're stuck outside. Keys forever, keypads never (okay, maybe occasionally). Fun post, and you aren't old.