Sunday, May 6, 2012

Shopping at My Age

I was shopping by myself this weekend.  A (gasp) clothing store.  I know.  Me? Shopping?  It has been a while.


While I was a the store I noticed that they had some bras on sale, and given that I had been "limping" around in a strapless bra for a few days because some of my bras had fallen apart, some were in the wash, and I had a spanky athletic top from last year that had a Y strap in the back on.  The sale bras were athletic bras that had a matching Y strap in the back, and since I am a teacher and had actually played freeze tag on Friday wearing a strapless bra during gym without scarring any Kindergarteners, I thought I should try the athletic bras on.


While in the dressing room I tried the bra on and put my spanky athletic top back on over it to see the effect.  The straps matched...Plus!  The bra showed a tiny bit, but it looked nice...Plus!  


Then I lifted my arm.  And horror of all horrors...the athletic bra was snug enough that it created a wading pool of extra skin, in a wing like appearance, under each armpit.


I actually had to tuck my 42.5 year old skin flaps into my bra!  Ga...ross.


Yes, I bought the bras.  And I have done 20 push ups each night in hopes that the skin wings will disappear soon.

4 comments:

Sometimes Unwilling Guru said...

yes but the revelation happens in the privacy of the changing room....

Benta At SLIKstitches said...

So glad I'm not the only one!

Rosemary said...

I'm so glad I stumbled across your blog, you're quite funny. Love your take on things but let me tell you, the 40's are not for the meek. (I'm almost 4...9...dear lord, I feel faint now)

You'll be fine, good that you treated yourself to some nice foundation garments (there, doesn't that make you feel better that someone sounds more like a throwback? )

coffee said...

push ups help? I think lifting weight might be more effective.