Saturday, March 3, 2012

The Moment You Realize Your Son Is "That Child"

I walked over to retrieve Bubba from the neighbors house the other day.  It was the first time Bubba had been to the twins house in months as Bubba tends to play withe the twins more in the warm months.


As I walked through their backyard I noticed a large blue X made from painters tape on their screen door.  I didn't think anything of it and walked around to the front of the house and rang the doorbell.  


While having pleasant conversation with the twins Dad I asked if he was painting.  He frowned and said no, and asked why.  I referred to the giant blue painters tape X on the screen door on the back porch.


The Dad chuckled and said that was "Bubba's X."  Bubba's X, I ask?  Yes, we had to put a giant blue X on the back door because if it's not there Bubba runs into it and knocks the screen door off it's tracks.  


Silence.  Oh.  


The twins Dad continued...we've had that X up there for over a year or so, it always makes me smile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Portrait oil paintings said...

Very nice post,I like your blog very much.Thank you for your sharing.Thank you so much.