Saturday, August 27, 2011

Number 2


Today, on the eve of his birthday, Bubba received his soccer jersey for the new Fall rec league season.  After last years horrific "watermelon" jersey we are very thankful that the newest addition to our jersey collection is a subdued camel and navy combo.

When Bubba went to choose his number he was given the choice of 1, 2, 3 or 4 because of sizing and the fact the he is one of the smallest kids on the team being that it is a 6-8th grade league.  Yes, there are post-pubescent hairy boys on his team and it is freaking me out a bit, but I'm trying to adopt more of the "rub some dirt on it" attitude when he gets hurt.  Bubba picked the number 2...which at the time I thought GREAT!  
Hannah is also number 2 so it will be easy for me to root for 
my kids with my Alzheimer's and all.

We arrived home to show David and Hannah the new jersey and 
David chimes in with the inevitable...
"Wow, I didn't expect to have two number 2's in one day!"
Followed by Hannah's well timed...
"I love a good number 2."

Ahh...the potty humor.
I have a feeling this is just the beginning.


No comments: