Tuesday, May 22, 2012

An Actual E-mail From Bubba's Teacher


Good morning,

I thought that I would share w/ you a humorous comment by Sam yesterday during science class.  After reading the reproduction & human development sections in the book, I asked the kids if they had any unique “birth stories” that they would like to share w/ the class.  Sam raised his hand (do you know where this is going? ) and replied, “When I was born, I was so fat I ripped my mom’s vagina.”  I simply replied, “Yep, that happens.”  

I can only imagine what my children say about me….

Sam has been such a pleasure to have in science.  He has a FANTASTIC personality.  He is a hard worker and he participates in class regularly, which I greatly appreciate!  I will certainly miss him next year!!

Have a wonderful day,

Mrs. W





Here is my response....in between fits of giggles.




Mrs. W-


Wow.  

We often talk about how fat Sam was as a baby, he was 9 lbs. 2 oz. at birth and 24 pounds by 4 months old...but honestly the subject of my vagina has never come up.  

I am so glad you e-mailed, but also horrified at the thought that he said this.  Out loud.  In front of his peers. About me.  I saw a few of his peers last night at their soccer game, and I don't think I received too many stares of horror.  

I also have to say that asking that particular open ended question may have additional future embarrassing comments.  If I ever teach human reproduction to middle schoolers, I'll make sure I remember that one.

I cannot stop laughing.

I'm glad you have enjoyed Sam's personality, I personally think he is hilarious, but he can be an acquired taste as all 11 year old boys are.  Thank you so much for sharing this with me!

Careless

No comments: