Friday, April 24, 2009

Goals

So I reached my goal of applying to 5 jobs this week...one a day. Or in my case two on Wednesday so I can go garage sale-ing this morning in the hoitee toitee neighborhood a few miles away. Don't you think that hoitee toitee neighborhoods should have good loot? I need a file cabinet and refuse to pay $40 at Walmart or Target for a thin metal piece of crap. I am thinking that filing cabinets are like tires or something...impossible to get rid of and filling the land fills.

I could also use a nightstand or something to hold my clock and crap next to the bed. When we moved we put our old bed/bedroom set down in my parents room/guest room and haven't spend the $ to buy a new one. Our mattress is on the floor and we don't have nightstands, which is going to send me to the looney bin. I have a ritual when I go to bed and get up and need to hide all my stuff in a drawer, as well I would like to look over at my clock and have it eye level. NOT look down to floor level. I feel like a poor college student and it doesn't help that the tv in our bedroom is sitting on a milk crate. I know, it all seems insignificant in the grand scheme of things, but a girl's got to have her priorities.

On a happier note, I weighed myself today and am 1 pound away from my old "fat pants" weight/my heaviest ever. Hooray! Not. But I know that I am going to be fine. I have been walking and wii-fit-ing all week, and everyone knows muscle weighs more than fat. I just have to stop shoveling food into the ole pie hole. I think that unemployment has been my downfall. That and trying out the new oven and gas stove.

I have made my own "Mom-Cave" for my stuff, and am really exicted about it. I only spent $25 on a big piece of countertop at IKEA in the as-is department. The countertop is 8 feet or so and I have all my crap set up! Sewing machine...cutting mat...a bookcase with all my fabric. It is a little mish-mash in pieces but I like it and am excited to sew again.

No comments: