Friday, April 17, 2009

Dingleberries

My dingleberries dressed in their finest dingleballs. The kids, my sister and I took great pleasure in ripping all the hideous curtains down out of our new house. Of coarse my dingleberries decided to do a River Dance, or maybe it was the Can-Can and wear them.

On another "just moved in" note...it has been a week of firsts for me. I know it could be PMS, or maybe my baby is finally not a baby anymore, but I am going thru some sort of Mommy anxiety. Sam has turned into a social butterfly...the words "I love school" actually came out of his mouth...he rode the bus all week by himself...he made gobs of new friends. He rode the bus by himself! Neither of my kids have ever ridden a bus. He asked for directions and got himself to class on his own.

Then there is Hannah. My social butterfly came home from her first day of Middle School and cried. She looked thru her old yearbook and longed for her friends. She won't ride the bus. She is refusing to go on a field trip in May. To her credit her week sucked. She had ants in her locker that consumed her lunch. She got lost, multiple times. She did not know a soul out of 700 students that all looked like they were from Easter Island.

On a happier note she is currently outside with her cousin and two fellow sixth grade girl neighbors. These two neighbors showed up tonight and I practically had to give her flash cards on how to say hello and ask their names and engage them in conversation. She is suddenly socially retarded.

No wonder I don't have a job.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Glad Sam is doing well. And poor Hannah -- I am positive it will get better but OMG what a bummer of a week. We need to talk -- house, schools, parents, siblings, everything -- if you find time let me know or call me!